Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Grand Poobah of Rhode Island Neuropathology!

Every so often on neuropathologyblog, I like to profile a prominent neuropathologist. Today’s feature is the illustrious Dr. Edward G. Stopa. Ed got his undergraduate and medical degrees at McGill University in Montreal. After residency in anatomic pathology and neuropathology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, where he learned at the knee of people like Dr. Douglas Miller, he served on the faculty at Tufts and SUNY-Syracuse. Finally, he ended up at Rhode Island Hospital, an affiliate of Brown University, where he served as my mentor during my own neuropathology fellowship. I would encourage anyone interested in doing a neuropathology fellowship to look into Dr. Stopa’s program. I would also add that Providence, Rhode Island is quite a nice place to live!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heehee! Haha! Hoho!

By the way, I went to vote in the poll, but when I clicked on it, I got "Cannot process request."

Dr. Diamandis develops network to help pathologists interface with AI computational scientists

A neuropathology colleague in Toronto (Dr. Phedias Diamandis) is developing some amazing AI-based tools for pathology and academia. He hel...