Thursday, December 10, 2015

Renowned neuropathologist Peter Burger set to retire at the end of this month

Peter C. Burger, MD
I just got word that the illustrious Johns Hopkins neuropathologist Peter C. Burger, MD is set to retire at the end of this month. In an email yesterday, the 74-year-old professor informed me that he will continue to work on various neuropathology projects, but will not be signing out cases after December 31. He writes that he is "ready for a new phase of life without the daily responsibility of cases". His sage consultations on difficult cases will be missed, but I am sure his impact will continue to be felt in the field through his valuable publications.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I relied on Dr. Burger's expert consultation for many years and used his textbook as a valuable reference. He always provided clear, timely, accurate and concise answers. I will miss seeing his reports in my inbox and hope he enjoys this new phase of his life. Vincent Graffeo, MD

Anonymous said...

Dr. Burger diagnosed my son's brain tumor. I had many questions and he took time out of his, I'm sure busy, schedule to answer all of them. He was compassionate and kind and provided me with much needed knowledge about my child's condition, for which I will always be grateful.

Neuropathology Blog is Signing Off

Neuropathology Blog has run its course. It's been a fantastic experience authoring this blog over many years. The blog has been a source...