Tuesday, December 4, 2012

"the NFL is a breeding ground for mental illness" -- Former Denver Bronco Nate Jackson

Today, a friend forwarded me this opinion piece about the murder-suicide of NFL linebacker Jovan Belcher. I responded that I blogged about such cases before, and I didn't intend to write yet another blog post about chronic traumatic encephalopathy. I felt as though lethal violence among football players is happening so often now, it's not even worth yet another post. But, the fact that the violence has reached this level of banality is in itself worthy of comment. Don't worry, though, the next time an NFL player commits homicide or suicide, I promise not to write about it.

1 comment:

Craig said...

I used to eagerly watch boxing, but once I better understood the damage those guys were doing to their brains, I lost the stomach for it.

Football's well on its way down that same path for me.

Dr. Diamandis develops network to help pathologists interface with AI computational scientists

A neuropathology colleague in Toronto (Dr. Phedias Diamandis) is developing some amazing AI-based tools for pathology and academia. He hel...