Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pinhole glasses: a simple concept that works

OK, this is a bit of a stretch for a neuropathology blog; but since ophthalmic pathology is generally within the purview (pun intended) of neuropathology, I thought I'd post on the topic. I was recently sent a pair of "pinhole glasses" to see if it would help to correct my myopia. The concept is quite simple: you look through a collection of tiny holes. The small holes refract the light enough so that you can actually see more clearly! This is not something you would wear while driving, since peripheral vision is restricted; but for safe indoor tasks, it works quite well! Here's a link to the site where the pinhole glasses are sold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We want Lincoln back!

poolmaven51 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I had some of the eyeglasses in Calgary for a while, and I also found them surprisingly effective. I remember looking at them the first time and wondering how I'd see it all, but they're great.

Dr. Diamandis develops network to help pathologists interface with AI computational scientists

A neuropathology colleague in Toronto (Dr. Phedias Diamandis) is developing some amazing AI-based tools for pathology and academia. He hel...